Free ways to speed up your computer …
Computers are very important in our daily lives. It is hard to imagine life without them, and this trend is likely to continue in the future. However, old computers can slow down and become less useful. They are also not as easily replaced as phones.
List of Free ways to speed up your computer
There are some tricks to speed up older computers. It benefits. A computer is like a driverless car if you don’t know how to speed it up. Then find out how to increase the speed of the computer –
- There are many third-party software programs that can increase the speed of Windows 10. However, some of these programs can also hide malware. If you are looking for a safe and effective way to boost your PC’s performance, I recommend using a system mechanic software program.
- Installed apps on a computer take up space, slow down the PC, and stress the RAM. Therefore, unnecessary apps should be uninstalled. To uninstall an app, right-click on the Windows logo start button and then click on Apps and Features. This will open a list of all the installed apps. Click on the name of the app you want to uninstall and then click on the Uninstall button.
- Delete unnecessary programs from the Control Panel. Many programs launch at startup. To stop them, open the Task Manager by pressing Control+Shift+Escape. Click on the Startup column and right-click on the program list to disable it. The program will no longer appear when starting the PC. Disk Cleanup contains many unnecessary files, offline web pages, and installer files. To delete them, go to the Start menu and type “disk cleanup.” Select all 4 drives on the PC and delete the unnecessary files. Adding an SSD to the PC increases its speed significantly.
- Many people attach SSD cards separately to speed up older PCs. Software like Adobe Photoshop also loads faster on a PC with an SSD card. SSD card prices vary depending on storage capacity. PCs running Windows operating systems have built-in defenders to prevent virus check malware.
- Downloading third-party apps can also detect viruses. One such third-party app is Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. It provides anti-malware protection for free.
Turn off notification
- Tips and Turn-Off Notifications Installing numerous apps means getting notifications countless times. Click on the Settings app to turn off notifications. Then go to the search bar and type Choose Which Apps Show Notifications. Then scroll down to see which apps send notifications. To turn off notifications, turn off the toggle button next to the app. In this, notifications will no longer come at untimely times. Following these methods will increase the speed of your computer.
Why is your computer slow?
Computers slow down over time due to prolonged usage. You can increase computer speed by changing Windows settings instead of updating components. Computers slow down quickly when running heavy software like Adobe Photoshop or video editing. Computers cannot be purchased or replaced as often as phones.
So some tricks have to be adopted to increase the speed of old computers. It benefits. Learn how to speed up your computer. Many people attach SSD cards separately to speed up older PCs. Software like Adobe Photoshop also loads faster on a PC with an SSD card. SSD card prices vary by capacity. PCs running Windows operating systems have built-in defenders to prevent virus check malware.
Control the startup process
Several unnecessary programs are automatically started when the computer starts up. These programs slow down the computer even when they are not in use. You can easily turn them off from Windows 10’s task manager. To do this, press Ctrl, Shift, and Esc together on the keyboard to launch the task manager. Click on the Startup tab to see a list of programs that start automatically when the computer is turned on. Right-click on the unnecessary programs and select Disable. This will prevent them from starting automatically when the computer is turned on.
To speed up the computer, delete unnecessary data from the hard disk. You can also use Disk Cleanup to delete temporary files. To use Disk Cleanup, type “Disk Cleanup” in the Start menu search bar. Click on “Disk Cleanup” to delete unnecessary files and information, such as temporary files, offline web pages, and installer files.
Turn off search indexing
The search indexing facility slows down low-powered computers. However, if you regularly search files and folders on your computer for work, then search indexing is very useful. Otherwise, you can turn off the search indexing feature.
To turn off search indexing, follow these steps:
Go to the Start menu and enter “indexing.”
Click on “Indexing Options.”
Click on the “Modify” button.
Uncheck the folders that do not need to be indexed.
Click on the “Advanced” button.
Exclude unnecessary files from the “File Types” option.
By turning off search indexing, you can improve the performance of your low-powered computer.
How do you like the ‘free ways to speed up your computer’ post? Comment us in the comment section if you like it.